Please Login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Additional Global Moderator wanted.

4 posters

Go down

Additional Global Moderator wanted. Empty Additional Global Moderator wanted.

Post by Drasqo Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Hello everyone,

As you all may have noticed the 5th Element community is growing at a rapid rate.
I can only dream of the awesome future that lies ahead of us.
So far it has been going great, and I have each and every one of you to thank for that.
However I am not really a dreamy person, I like to think of myself as a problem-solver, but more than that, someone who prevents problems.
As I am currently having vacation I have tons of hours to spend, however in a couple of weeks I will be going back to my (mostly) 40 hours a week job.
This does not change anything though, as I will still dedicate most of my free time to what I enjoy doing most.
It does however requires me to adapt to the situation, as I have no intention to even slack 1% in bringing you the most enjoyable experience I possibly can.
Therefore, I have decided I could use a extra pair of hands in the administration team, starting out with a Global Moderator.
This is one of the rare occasions where I will be the sole decision-maker, I hope I have given you guys enough reasons to trust me on this one.
But enough about me, you came here for the Global Moderator topic.

Let me start out by saying you will gain absolutely NOTHING by becoming a 5th Element Global Moderator.
Well, besides a shitload of administrative tasks and the awesome colored name ofcourse!

Aside from filling in the application form below, I may drag some of the applicants in a 1 to 1 conversation on Teamspeak.
You can either post the form below as a reply to this thread, or send them in a private message to my forum account.

Actually.. scratch that.

I will only state the requirements and task description and will leave the rest to your own creative mind.

Job description:

As a 5th Element Global Moderator not only will you perform a forum moderator's basic tasks (Closing, locking, deleting, stickyíng etc), you will also be tasked with accepting members trough the main portal, adding people to usergroups (Forum, Teamspeak), moving users, creating channels, posting news, updates aswell as replying to questions, suggestions, idea's or complaints and keeping a general eye on what's going on within 5th Element.
I could go on and on with this list but I think you get the general idea of what im going about here.
Some tasks are time-consuming and plain boring, yet I expect you to perform to the best of your ability's at all times.

Still haven't scared you away? good!

Requirements:

- Must be over 18.
- Must be active (Couple of times a week, longer abscence is no issue when announced beforehand).
- Must be dedicated, enthusiastic, self-dependant, honest, reliable, creative and initiative .
- High immunity to stress.
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Previous experience is a pre, although characteristics play a bigger role.

Looking forward to your applications!
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

https://5thelement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Additional Global Moderator wanted. Empty Re: Additional Global Moderator wanted.

Post by milkdudz Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:14 pm

what kind of experience do you mean. As the only experience i have at bieng a moderator was when i ran and setup my own world of warcraft private server via vps server. Basically for that server it ran on a mysql database so you had to know how to maintain it and to keep it clean for better runtimes. I'm not really familiar with how the dayZ server is run as i have not seen any info on i. like is it run thru a command window or is it just a standalone programme that you open up with a start/resetr feature? I know there are config files and by the way you talked about it it runs on default values in which you can change manually.
Ok as for forums i have run my own forums which was conected directly to my webhost to allow database access via myh world of warcraft server. I ran this for bout 2 years before i shut it down about 2 months ago. Im not really asking for the position just more information about server side.

milkdudz

Back to top Go down

Additional Global Moderator wanted. Empty Re: Additional Global Moderator wanted.

Post by Meow Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:29 am

I vote Tim.
Meow
Meow

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuprör Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:06 am

I could help you out =)

-I am 22 year old so i pass that part =)
- Love this "clan" and this game and i only want to see improvements for it! =)
- I am quite experienced in administrating and moderating games and forums.

I am also a member of a BF clan, even if i dont play BF very much anymore I am still welcome to play with them and have also remained an administrator on both the servers and the forum.
I did not grow tired of the game or the community, its just that i dont like the BF series is evolving in the hands of EA =( <-- Sad Face

I am also got the highest admin rank on a very big MineCraft server, got the login to the R.A.T for the server and everything =)
This server did however outgrow me, it was a laptop server that went viral and when i login it was no longer about playing a game, its about administrate children.
The server owner do however make some decent money of the server now, he had to register a company cuz he made so much money out of it!
Kudos to him =)
With this said, as long as we dont get 800+ unique logins everyday im in =)

Also there is a couple of forums and such that i ether dont think its worth mentioning or i just do not want to mention it Wink
Stuprör
Stuprör

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum