Please Login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask before taking things!

5 posters

Go down

Ask before taking things! Empty Ask before taking things!

Post by Vox Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:32 am

Well, ever since I've started running around with the squad, I've noticed things have started disappearing from my backpack.. I do not mind giving someone something IF THEY ASK. But if you go into my backpack without asking, that is just wrong and rude, and is considered theft.

So just stop before you take something from someone's backpack, and ask them if you can have it. To be honest though, respect peoples privacy and don't go digging in their backpack in the first place. This issue is really starting to get on my nerves because yesterday someone stole all 3 of my morphine from my backpack and I got stranded out in the middle of nowhere with a broken leg and was forced to log off and wait a few hours before I could even get someone to come help.

Edit: Also, if someone offers you something, don't take more than 1. If someone has a bunch of something, chances are it's because they plan to help more than just 1 person, or they need it for themselves. You have to realize that by taking things without asking, they probably won't realize it until they really need that item, and then they won't be able to get it.

Vox

Back to top Go down

Ask before taking things! Empty Re: Ask before taking things!

Post by Stuprör Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:41 am

I agree with you on the asking part!

But keep in mind that tent and backpacks tend to eat gear from time to time Razz
Stuprör
Stuprör

Back to top Go down

Post by luizsilveira Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:31 am

Well, all my CZ550 mags disappeared from my backpack. However, I don't think anyone uses that weapon in the squad Suspect

Anyway, I 100% agree with you and would be quite pissed if I found out to be stolen from, either backpack or tent etc.

On a side note, that's quite lame from DayZ to allow it in the first place. To allow quick hand pick pockets is one thing, but there should also be a system of "detection" in place, better than "never turn your back to someone ever".

For tomorrow, I intend to leave lots of stuff around the camp during the op. I really trust it will all be there once we come back.

luizsilveira

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:16 am

Yep, that's straight thieving, couldn't call it anything else.

So if anyone wants to steal cartridges out of MY pack, just make sure you don't forget to look down the barrel of my gun afterwards because you might have missed one, but don't worry... I'll make sure you get it. Twisted Evil
Dirty
Dirty

Back to top Go down

Post by Drasqo Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:30 am

I can understand your frustration, and everyone agrees with you vox..

I do however think it's the server/alpha version who eats your items 99% of the time.
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

https://5thelement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vox Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:35 am

That is true, I never really thought about that.

Vox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum