Please Login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Direct Chat

3 posters

Go down

Direct Chat Empty Direct Chat

Post by Flow Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:17 am

How should we go about confronting unknowns and hostiles?

Shoot on sight?

Shoot only if shot at first?

Should we try to communicate a ceasefire, when shot at?
Flow
Flow

Back to top Go down

Direct Chat Empty Re: Direct Chat

Post by luizsilveira Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:25 am

Very nice and important post.

I'd say: if it's just a barely armed noob, just leave him alone. If it's a well-armed and well-equipped player, take him down (both because he can be a threat and for the good loot) - but not before being sure he's alone!

That's just an initial take, and it's quite situation-dependant. Also, when acting as a squad I think it's quite important to follow the lead (thus the leader calls if the expedition will be "shoot on sight" or "sneak and avoid engagement" etc.).

But these are my personal takes, I'm curious to know the team's directives. Once again, nice post.

luizsilveira

Back to top Go down

Post by Drasqo Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:48 am

As I am trying to get rid of the 'kill everyone on sight' mandate, here a few pointers.

We do not shoot unless fired upon, or the likelyhood of being fired upon is so high, that preventive firing is required.

That being said, 9 out of 10 times if we are in the hotzone's (NWAF,Cherno,Elektro,Stary etc) the squadleader should have given you a RoS (Rules of Engagement).

When your not operating as a squad i believe each individual will have to make the assessment wether or not it was really neccesary to kill that person
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

https://5thelement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum