Please Login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Squad training session, 5th Try-outs invited aswell. (22:00 GMT+1) Prior registration required

+5
Vox
Fish
Meow
Stuprör
Drasqo
9 posters

Go down

1st Squad training session, 5th Try-outs invited aswell. (22:00 GMT+1) Prior registration required Empty 1st Squad training session, 5th Try-outs invited aswell. (22:00 GMT+1) Prior registration required

Post by Drasqo Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:34 am

Hello everyone!

We have been discussing squads and designated roles for a while now, and the time has come to put them in play and start practising.
Therefore, we will hold our very 1st squad training tonight.
It might vary on the amount of attendants, but I want to start out with the follow roles:

[SC]Scout: Stupror, Meow
[AS]Assault: Blackmanlvr, Vox, titan, Lucky
[SL]Squadleader: Drasqo
[MD]Medic: Devrax
[LM]Last Man: Fish

This will also be our standard moving formation, using the default vertical formation:

^
>
<
>
<
v

Roles will be randomly assigned, although you can state your preference, and i will calculate them in
Item requirements:
All - A primary or secondary weapon, food, drink
Scout - A map and compass
Assault - See all
Squadleader - Map
Medic - Multiple bandages, morphines and painkillers
Last man - Map

This training session will include the following commands listed in red.

Formations: Horizontal Formation, Vertical Formation, Arrow Formation

Horizontal Formation

Example: ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Depending on terrain, most commonly used when approaching a object, crossing a road or traveling trough woods.
As this formation is often used in specific situations where there is a higher threat, the maximum speed moving like this is crouch-walking, unless otherwise instructed.

Vertical Formation

Example: See above

This is the default formation.
Maximum speed: Running (Single W)

Arrow Formation

Example:

^
^ ^
^ ^

Often used when crossing a open field.
Maximum speed: Running (Single W)

With the exception of certain circumstances like retreating, offer medical attention, instructions etc, we will never use sprinting (Double W) as a squad.
This is because some people run slower than others due fps, and it allows for people to close gaps.
Quite obviously, players who fall behind or need to quickly reposition are allowed, and should use the sprint.
Hence the 'as a squad'

During any formation, you should always keep your position in the squad.
This simply means, you do not go past the guy in front of you, or behind the guy behind you.
Same way goes for left and right.

Stack-up

This is basically the same as the default horizontal formation.
During the first stage the scout or squadleader will call out the command, however it should become a habit/routine to eventually do this without the command.
A simply reminder-
Whenever the scout/person in front of you stops, you stop.

Last man check

Whenever the squad becomes stationary and the last man enters the stack-up position, he will give a "last man check".
The squad leader will then give a ready to go command when he is ready/
Only then can the scout give the "Moving out" command and start moving.

For the purpose of this training, I want every command to be given as stated here.
As we become more experienced as a squad, the need to call out all commands become less required, as people will know what to do
The stack-up will become automated, the last man check becomes just check/ready/yup/whatever, the moving out becomes going/here we go/whatever

There are many situations where a 360 command can be given by the squad leader, but i want you guys one thing to remember mostly.

-Whenever the squad is in a stationary Stack up longer then 30 seconds, go prone and assume a 360, covering each sector.

After a 360, the squad will assume the stack up before moving out.
This, amongst alot of things, are less required once everyone has the hang of things but again for the purpose of this training is to get the basics and routine's down.
Once we reach the next level of experience , stack-ups might completely disappear, as everyone automaticly assumes a good covering position in the nearby tree-line.

If you think this all seems easy as pie, you are horribly mistaken as it does not require a individual's ability only, but entire squad synchronization.
And as you will notice, mistakes will be often made.
This is no problem at all, since it is a training session after all.
But I want everyone playing to the best of their abilities.
It's a painstaking slow process, and I don't want any bitching to fellow clanmembers.
You may find me less laid back than usual during this.
Don't expect me to shout or anything, but I will continously give constructive critisism.

If you are not in the mood for this, if you do not have the patience, willingness, characteristics or can't take critisism, by all means, DO NOT ATTEND!
You are not in any way required to attend this training, and this way at least you give the opportunity to those who are willing to practise.

Last edited by Drasqo on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

https://5thelement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

1st Squad training session, 5th Try-outs invited aswell. (22:00 GMT+1) Prior registration required Empty Re: 1st Squad training session, 5th Try-outs invited aswell. (22:00 GMT+1) Prior registration required

Post by Stuprör Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:55 am

iM IN!
Stuprör
Stuprör

Back to top Go down

1st Squad training session, 5th Try-outs invited aswell. (22:00 GMT+1) Prior registration required Empty Re: 1st Squad training session, 5th Try-outs invited aswell. (22:00 GMT+1) Prior registration required

Post by Meow Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:07 am

Yeah Ill join in, Where are we going to meet up? could be good to add so you can be there and log out. Also I'd like to be Sniper or second hand Scout although Im misisng a compass currently.
Meow
Meow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fish Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:11 am

Count me in!
Fish
Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Drasqo Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 am

imagescubed@gmail.com wrote:Count me in!

Sorry if I missed anything, but who is this? Have you filed a application ?
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vox Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:37 am

I'm in for scout/assault. Don't have a map/compass yet though. :\

Vox

Back to top Go down

Post by luizsilveira Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:00 am

It's a bit short notice, I'll do my best to be there but probably be late, if there is an option for a late join.

(and sorry about the tag, got it fixed)

One suggestion: why not use the standard names for formations? Line for horizontal, column for vertical, wedge for arrow?

luizsilveira

Back to top Go down

Post by Only Prophet Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:18 am

I'm in. No real preferences on any specific roles, but stealth and positioning is a strong suit of mine as well as communication. I'm also accurate with mid-long range weaponry.
Only Prophet
Only Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Only Prophet Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:50 am

Except I fail at time conversions and thought it was at 5:00 here. My mistake I didn't check sooner. Sorry about that.
Only Prophet
Only Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsins Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:35 pm

I think the training went well! Not to mention it was fun for me haha. Sorry about my problems towards the end of the training session. I was getting "Arma 2 servers are down for maintenance" :3
Arsins
Arsins

Back to top Go down

Post by Drasqo Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:36 pm

No problemo! We will hold the same training multiple times for those who didn't make it and those who would like to attend again either for rehersal or assisting.

After action report 1st training (Basic Movement 1):

Due to a somewhat late announcement and the lack of a starting point, the training was slightly delayed.
As soon as everyone was gathered our Teamspeak server decided to be a bitch, constantly dropping people.
Since the dayZ hive is pretty overloaded the server suffers some serious desynchs on top of that, so the start up phase was messy to say the least.
We had Meow up front, Fish as last man, and Stuprör as the squadleader. (Due to the amount of people, I decided to assist as spectator to have a better overview of the situation).
Stuprör started out with one of the more tricky commands, wich was a arrow formation.
Well I don't know what you guys consider a arrow shape but you looked like one big blobb of women running to a shoe-sale. :p
We continued our journey and after some corrections things started to shape up.
As crappy as the start-up was, only after 30-40 minutes it suprised me how smooth things went.
Formations were executed almost perfectly.
Below are a few pointers to those in a more demanding position.

To Meow(First Scout):

-If you are unsure where to go next, don't hesitate to call out a stack up at a position you think is safe. As a front man, you have this power, use it.
-Remember the moving out command, and when you do, wait 2 seconds after saying it so everyone knows they are about to move out. This cuts down on the initial gaps between members.
- A little more volume wouldn't hurt Wink.

To Fish(Last Man):

-When you need to drink or eat, inform your squadleader and do it during a stack-up or 360, and not after the move out command has been given and your squad is 50 metres away. (Pretty sure your intonation sounded like you came to the same realisation at that point Razz )
-Also try to be consistent with your last man check.
-Where Meow has to add a bit more volume, you need a fuckload of it.
Don't be uncomfortable using your voice, short clear communication is key.

to Stuprör (Squad leader):

-Try to plan more ahead,if you are unsure where to go or what to do next, simply call for a stack-up or 360 and take your time.
-Keep a overview of your members, when we are with a large group like this, make use of your front and last man.
- sitrep(situation report) while half the responsebility lies with the members themselves, it doesn't hurt to check if people are still good on drinks, food, ammo etc

To all:

-The frontman will never (Exceptions excluded) run at max speed, it is therefore your responsebility to make sure you are running/walking in the right position. you can sprint to catch up.
-Remember to alternate your sector, if the guy in front of you aims left, you aim right and vice versa
-Call out 'firing' before shooting.

What I learned from this:
- Better preparation, this includes timeframe of the announcement, ingame presence and starting location.
- A squad leader should have a gps, making his task to plan ahead and be more aware of his surroundings much easier

Now you may think im only listing the things that didn't always go well, if you do, then you are absolutely right.
This does not mean it did not go well overall, in fact, it went very well and above my expentations.
And that includes the try-outs aswell, you have shown us much today. very good job everyone
I want to thank each and everyone of you for your participation, it was a huge succes and I had a great time doing it.
Not only was everyone serious but i also believe this contribute's to internal bonding aswell.
In my opinion, definatly something we should do more often.
My head is already swirling with alot of idea's for the next training and the one after, getting more difficult and intense each step.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences!
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ComancheBrave Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 pm

Damn work, sorry I missed it! It sounds like you guys rocked it out, I hope to join in soon on the next training.

ComancheBrave

Back to top Go down

Post by Meow Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:35 am

I liked being frontman and I should a little delay when I say moving and I start going forward. What I didnt like was the spacing between everyone, literaly had the first assault up my ass, and if we were to get ambushed we would be easy targets for a machine gun or grenade. 2-3 meters between would be good.
Meow
Meow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down