Please Login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No use practicing tactics and getting bummed when we're getting killed when it's our fault that happens...

5 posters

Go down

No use practicing tactics and getting bummed when we're getting killed when it's our fault that happens... Empty No use practicing tactics and getting bummed when we're getting killed when it's our fault that happens...

Post by JimMountain Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Just have to use common sense/ keep cool under fire. It's a game and we're just here to better ourselves as a team. Gear is replaceable but playing isn't worth it if you're not having fun and just bickering. I honestly had more fun hanging out in a barn shooting lasers around than getting shot up and have everyone yelling and getting(or at least sounding very aggravated). Less stress more fun!

TEAMWORK : LET'S DO IT

Look at the type of fun we can be having AS A TEAM!!!!!
youtube.com/embed/oQQ4N1kMv9o?rel=0

Last edited by JimMountain on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarificationizing-ing)
JimMountain
JimMountain

Back to top Go down

No use practicing tactics and getting bummed when we're getting killed when it's our fault that happens... Empty Re: No use practicing tactics and getting bummed when we're getting killed when it's our fault that happens...

Post by Drasqo Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:55 pm

That video is definatly inspiring, but don't let the bickering cloud your overall opinion though, because we had (and will have) awesome times with our group aswell.
It's a typical standard human group process really.

Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing.

I actually did some studies on human psychology and group bonding back when I worked for gameforge.
It will get worse at some stage before it gets better, the good thing is.. it will get better.

Thanks for your post jim Smile
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

https://5thelement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

No use practicing tactics and getting bummed when we're getting killed when it's our fault that happens... Empty Re: No use practicing tactics and getting bummed when we're getting killed when it's our fault that happens...

Post by Drasqo Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Oh, in case I sounded vague

Here's a more elaborate version of what i ment, basically took it from the first link off google.

Psychologist Bruce Tuckman first came up with the memorable phrase "forming, storming, norming, and performing" back in 1965. He used it to describe the path to high-performance that most teams follow. Later, he added a fifth stage that he called "adjourning" (and others often call "mourning" – it rhymes better!)
Teams initially go through a "forming" stage in which members are positive and polite. Some members are anxious, as they haven't yet worked out exactly what work the team will involve. Others are simply excited about the task ahead. As leader, you play a dominant role at this stage: other members' roles and responsibilities are less clear.
This stage is usually fairly short, and may only last for the single meeting at which people are introduced to one-another. At this stage there may be discussions about how the team will work, which can be frustrating for some members who simply want to get on with the team task.
Soon, reality sets in and your team moves into a "storming" phase. Your authority may be challenged as others jockey for position and their roles are clarified. The ways of working start to be defined and, as leader, you must be aware that some members may feel overwhelmed by how much there is to do, or uncomfortable with the approach being used. Some may react by questioning how worthwhile the goal of the team is, and by resisting taking on tasks. This is the stage when many teams fail, and even those that stick with the task may feel that they are on an emotional roller coaster, as they try to focus on the job in hand without the support of established processes or relationships with their colleagues.
Gradually, the team moves into a "norming" stage, as a hierarchy is established. Team members come to respect your authority as a leader, and others show leadership in specific areas.
Now that the team members know each other better, they may be socializing together, and they are able to ask each other for help and provide constructive criticism. The team develops a stronger commitment to the team goal, and you start to see good progress towards it.
There is often a prolonged overlap between storming and norming behavior: As new tasks come up, the team may lapse back into typical storming stage behavior, but this eventually dies out.
When the team reaches the "performing" stage, hard work leads directly to progress towards the shared vision of their goal, supported by the structures and processes that have been set up. Individual team members may join or leave the team without affecting the performing culture.
As leader, you are able to delegate much of the work and can concentrate on developing team members. Being part of the team at this stage feels "easy" compared with earlier on.

P.S, moved to general chat as this has nothing to do with tactics themselves, but actually addresses something else important.
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

https://5thelement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Only Prophet Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:00 am

We may yell at each other to shut up when we spot another player, or start yelling at people when they're about to make a mistake but I think we should all come to the understanding that NONE of it is personal.

We all understand that there's a small risk while playing this game and that it's a pain to restart. No one should take it personally when people start raising voices at each other. We still have fun, but when we run into a group of 3 or 4 people we need to be completely serious with how we approach the situation. Sometimes that means raising our voices.

So again, nothing personal.
Only Prophet
Only Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by JimMountain Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:28 am

That's a good little read about group dynamics Drasqo!

Also agree with you Prophet it just seems sometimes that people become a little too "excited." Razz
JimMountain
JimMountain

Back to top Go down

Post by ComancheBrave Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Truer words never spoken, Drasqo and Jim. A team that learns together, wins together. We're going to hit a few hiccups here and there, we just need to learn from our mistakes but most importantly be able to take and give constructive criticism.

Remember: "Defeat is never failure, unless you allow it to be. Defeat is just a
learning process, just a small detour on the journey of success. If you
stop, then defeat is failure, if you persevere, then failure is merely a
step forwards on the path destined to success."

Never give up, always keep an open mind!

ComancheBrave

Back to top Go down

Post by hansen2012 Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:50 am

The video was quite funny. Seeing those tents reminded me how i have two tents in my bag for the camp but I don't have my mic for a couple days because I am moving so I haven't been able to get on and ask where the heck our camp is hahaha.

hansen2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down