Please Login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adressing simple sniper tactics

3 posters

Go down

Adressing simple sniper tactics Empty Adressing simple sniper tactics

Post by Stuprör Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:27 pm

I gona update this thread with more detailed info of finding the range of the target aswell as how to use different sniper rifles (that i have experience of as50, m107, dmr and m24! I will exlude the SVD since its far from as good as it is rare!)

Some very basic need to know as a sniper is:

You want a high spot for sniping, but that does not mean that hill tops and roof tops are any good at all, since that means you are an easy target for any other sniper!
You need to get a good balance for covering both yourself and your team!

You want a spot with as much cover as possible! And as important as it is to cover your team it is to cover your self. So scout out the area of your team, then scout out all possible angles you could be counter sniped from, after that you should zoom out and look around and back to cover your team!

If you brought someone who protect you, skip the look around you part.

Also dont be gready! you will be the last one to loot if you even get to loot at all...
Basicly you will only get what your team is able to carry with them to give to you later.

Will add tutorials and how to find a good sniper spot l8r.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Stuprör on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Stuprör
Stuprör

Back to top Go down

Adressing simple sniper tactics Empty Re: Adressing simple sniper tactics

Post by Meow Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:21 am

Hi Stuprör, I've been getting into sniping although not so much experiance other than a days shooting a CZ550 and recently found a DMR and practicing.

Do you have any good guide to Zeroing with the DMR so I can learn the distance without a test shot.

And which is the best way to get my hands on the better sniper rifles? Looking for bandits on common sniper spots? Looking for Heli crashes? Barracks? Prehaps even server hopp for one of the above examples.
Meow
Meow

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuprör Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:37 am

As soon as i get home from work (in about an hour) i will work on guids for reading distances and how to use different snipers!

Heli crashes and baracks is were i have found the good stuff!

The best rifle to look for would be the M24 since u get tons of ammo for it and its accuracy is pretty decent!

The AS50 is however the all around best rifle ingame! its only con is that it is HUGE! u will run around with an radio tower on your back and when u r using it, it will take up half the screen...
Stuprör
Stuprör

Back to top Go down

Post by Only Prophet Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:15 am

The ability to choose when to fire and when not to fire is vital. I may upload a video later showing when and when not to, though it may not be in DayZ. The same tactics will apply.

Actually... I think I'll make a series. I'll start with either using mildots, or how to choose where to position yourself.
Only Prophet
Only Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down