Please Login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check.

4 posters

Go down

Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check. Empty Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check.

Post by Drasqo Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:22 am

While most of propositions are based on real life militairy experience, this remains a game, and as such not everything can be considered as viable tactics.
However im starting this thread with a few that I believe are very usefull ingame.
There are a few 'problems' I would like to adress. (They are more common with larger squads)

- Excessive voice communication.
- Unknown location of friendlies
- Friendly fire
- Long waiting times

To cut down on the disorientation and confusion that occurs when moving from A to B, there will be a few keywords highlighted in red.
If everyone knows their meaning once their are called out by the squad leader, it will create a more calm atmosphere and increases concentration on other things, for example incoming hostiles.

I would like to work towards having each member have a designed role in the group, however this requires alot of teamplay and coordination.
As I feel everyone should be able to play the game in a way he or she enjoys most, the last I wanna do is limit someones freedom of enjoyment.
Personally I do feel they only work towards increasing the fun, when we do succesfull raids in dangerous area's having alot of awesome loot afterwards.
Let's just take it step by step and see how people like it, we can increase the difficulty later on.
For now we'll begin with a squad leader and last man.

The image below display a default patrol formation.

Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check. 2hwifjq

This was designed to keep visibility on all sides at all times, it is also most commonly used before moving out.
The command Stack up will indicate the squad leader wants you to assume this position.
Once the last person gives the Last man check, the squad leader knows everyone is ready and he can give the order to move out.

This requires 2 designated roles:
- Squad leader
- Last man
(As I mentioned earlier the real life/game transition made me decide that the squad leader is the 1st person up front, rather than in the middle as in real life, once the squad experience goes up this can be altered)

Below you see a picture of a squad assuming a 360

Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check. 30auhwp

A 360 is mostly used when the squad is stationary longer than a few moments. this is mostly done from a stack up, and also followed by a stack up before proceeding.
This keeps the area safe while we distribute the loot we just raided, check drink/food supplies etc.

Squad jumps
- To be continued
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

https://5thelement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check. Empty Re: Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check.

Post by milkdudz Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 am

very nice Drasqo ill post some formations later on todat for everyone to take a look.

milkdudz

Back to top Go down

Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check. Empty Re: Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check.

Post by hansen2012 Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:55 am

This is a good post, and i think that everyone needs to take a look at this one.

hansen2012

Back to top Go down

Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check. Empty Standard Wedge Formation

Post by Dirty Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:35 am

Standard Wedge:

A versatile formation used mainly for greater forward coverage while moving in open spaces as a fire team.

You may need to stop from time to time for various reasons, in which case you should shift your sight lines and create a rear guard as shown below.

Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check. Fire_t12

Patrolling, Formation, Stack up, Arcs, 360, Squad jumps and last man check. 5_man_12
Dirty
Dirty

Back to top Go down

Post by hansen2012 Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:27 am

I like the wedge formation as well. Simple. Smart. And tactical.

hansen2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down