Please Login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seperate squads and designated squad roles ?

+4
Flow
Meow
Stuprör
Drasqo
8 posters

Go down

Do you want seperate squads and designated squad roles?

Seperate squads and designated squad roles ? I_vote_lcap91%Seperate squads and designated squad roles ? I_vote_rcap 91% 
[ 20 ]
Seperate squads and designated squad roles ? I_vote_lcap5%Seperate squads and designated squad roles ? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Seperate squads and designated squad roles ? I_vote_lcap4%Seperate squads and designated squad roles ? I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 22

Seperate squads and designated squad roles ? Empty Seperate squads and designated squad roles ?

Post by Drasqo Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Do you want the following to be implented ?

- [SQDLDR] Squad leader (Max: 1)
- [SCT] Scout (Max: 2)
- [AST] Assault (Max: 4)
- [MDC] Medic (Max: 2)
- [SNP] Sniper (Max: 2)
- [LST] Last man (Max: 1)

(Max squad size: 12)

Role descriptions, main items, requirements and difficulty

Squad Leader

- Description:

A squad leader will be in command of his or her squad and carries the responsebility over it's members.
He/she will assign objectives and takes the decision when situations occur.
After taking the members preferred role into consideration the squad leader will assign the final position one's gonna take within his/her own squad.

- Priority items:

A map and binoculars.

- Requirements

Must be a member of 5TH for quite some time, and have a excellent overall knowledge of DayZ, clan tactics, procedures and rules.
(Weekly evaluation)

- Difficulty:

Scout

- Description:

Most of the time the scout will be up front leading the squad to its objective.
His focus relies mainly on the terrain ahead but also keeps a eye on the squad and make sure they dont fall too far behind.
He can also initiate a stack up. (Before crossing a road, at the next tree line etc)
It is his responsebility to always pick good concealed spots for this.

- Priority items:

A map, compass, navigation system, Lee Enfield and binoculars

- Requirements:

Good sense of direction, excellent knowledge of the DayZ map and city names.

- Difficulty:

Assault

- Description:

This role is the one with the least responsebility's and as such will be most commonly assigned to new members.
Your main task is to keep an eye on your given sector aswell as your squad members.
Your the main strike force upon contact but will also be assigned as protection to forward scouts or the sniper.

- Priority items:

Assault rifles + Extra ammunition

- Requirements:

Active enthusiasm for learning the skills and drills.

- Difficulty:

Medic

-Description:

A medic is a vital part of any squad, taking care of all health related issues.

Priority items:

Bandages, Blood bags, Morphine, painkillers,epi-pens and side-arms.

Requirements:

Must have a quick reaction and have independant characteristics, as he can be send out to rescue nearby units under hostile circumstances
When a wounded member is not nearby, a assault member will be assigned for protection

- Difficulty:

Sniper

- Description:

A sniper is the long range shooter of the squad, often keeping overwatch while the rest performs their tasks.

- Priority items:

Sniper rifles, silenced weapons and a watch

- Requirements:

Patience, independant characteristics, good vocal communication and a excellent knowledge of the terrain surrounding cities.

- Difficulty:

Last man

- Description:

The last man is the second in command, he covers the squad's rear end and keeps a overview on the squad.
He can initiate a stack up and a 360, and will give the last man check to the scout before he moves out.
He also keeps track of the squad's food and drink level.
In certain scenario's, the squad leader may decide to split up into 2 groups.
In this case the last man assumes the role of the squad leader over this group.

- Priority items:

Larger backpack, food, drinks

- Requirements:

Clear and short communication, leading capabilities, good knowledge of clan tactics.

- Difficulty:

Important notes

We still keep the public channel aswell, and designated squads will only occur when there are alot of people online.
In no way should this evolvement break up the clan in half.
When this is voted a go, we will start out with 2 squads: Alpha and Bravo
Im taking care of the first squad myself, and the bravo squad leader will be democraticly voted upon those who volunteer and think their up to the task.
There will be a squad leader application thread where you can convince others why you think you make a great squad leader.
The reason why I am assigning myself to the alpha squad is because I intend to rotate the roles within the squad anyhow.
However, and this may be the most important note of all..
No matter what role you vote upon or get selected for, everyone remains EQUAL.
A higher difficulty role does not mean your a better or more favored person in any way.
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

https://5thelement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Seperate squads and designated squad roles ? Empty Re: Seperate squads and designated squad roles ?

Post by Stuprör Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Some quick thoughts (Im at work atm so i will make it short for now)

When it comes to NVG i think they should be be handed out to the Scout or the Sniper (But ONLY if the sniper got a rifle were you can use the NVG while zoomed in, like the DMR)

I also think that the Scout should be using medium/long range rifles like the m16 ACOG and the DMR (Since the DMR isent that good of a sniper rifle, anything above 800m is extreamly hard to hit acuratly!)

If i have anything to say about my role i would prefer
1st choise: Sniper
Why?: Cuz im good at making those long shots and im also good at estimate the range of the target (Acuratly up to 800m after that i will do body shots instead of headshots Wink )
2nd choise: Scout
Why?: Cuz im good at moving stealthy and i know the map pretty well, have been pretty much everywere several times (Exeption for the east coast, also i dont really find my way in cherno Razz)

Will work more on this post when i get home Smile

EDIT: Also i dont think the Scout should enter the raid. He should be patroling the areas were the sniper cant cover incoming. Then the sniper can change position and the Scout can flank the enemy and take them from the behind. If they do this as it is suposed to be done, they can attack the enemy from 2 fronts when they lack cover = The enemy will be screwed!
Stuprör
Stuprör

Back to top Go down

Seperate squads and designated squad roles ? Empty Re: Seperate squads and designated squad roles ?

Post by Drasqo Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:01 am

Thanks for replying.

Items can always vary a bit and it's not set in stone.
It's basically just saying that each role has priority over the items that it suits best.

As for your sniper cover

Your the main strike force upon contact but will also be assigned as protection to forward scouts or the sniper.
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meow Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:10 am

I really like the idea but as I said to Drasqo on TS is the problem can come when you have a desirable role like Sniper which alot of people want to play, including me.
My choice as I said above would be Sniper, not only because I dont like being in the front but also I currently have a DMR and alot of usefull equipment and pretty undepended on anyone.
Dont know so much what I want as a second role, maybe Scout or Last man, Something that keeps abit away.
I also have a M4a1 CCO SD with 5 magazines which I am willing to give away to one of the frontier roles (if they promise they'll try not to die with it) seeing how it will be pretty useless for me other than killing zeds.
Meow
Meow

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:19 am

Scout is something i would love to be. ;D

How well can a sniper calculate the distance? without a spotter with a rangefinder.

I think the sniper role should probably be a two man team, as most are. At least i assume they are. One man would have a rangefinder and a decent mid-ranged weapon to protect the sniper.

or we could just throw that role onto the scout.
Flow
Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by Drasqo Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:25 am

Yeah we'll definatly have to mix and match some, like i mentioned earlier.. it's just a basic concept to give the general idea.
Aslong as everyone keeps giving their input, we can start working on making the final adjustments wich we all agreed upon.
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuprör Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:31 am

I think that SD weps sould be assigned for the Squad Leader
Mainly to make the squad move more silently amongst the zeds...

I dont really see the need for the SD weps being handed out to scouts or snipers since they wont be close to the zeds for most part.

NVG should also be an priority for the "Last Man" to easier notice if someone fall behind and so on.

I like to think that as soon as we get the squads to work we will start gear up ppl with all the new stuff we will find.
When we do a DMR wont be that desireble since its not that good of a rifle.
Stuprör
Stuprör

Back to top Go down

Post by Yin Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:46 am

I acually think scout should carry something with a faster fire rate and shorter barrel as they need to be fast, stealthy, and agile.

I would love to voluteer as a scout btw :p

Yin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meow Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:57 am

Also how will we distribute loot? I mean if we would have a system of first to see gets it would be pretty shitty for the Sniper or Scout or even Last man seeing how they will behind everyone.

I suggest calling out the weapons they have and they after a raid distributing weapons to appropiate roles if they are an upgrade.

Example: We have a Sniper (DMR), Assault A (M4a1) and Assault B (Winchester).
Assault A finds a Bizon SD and all three wants it.
Sniper doesnt get it because it doesnt fit his role. Whoever if no one would have wanted it he would have gotten it.
Assault A doesnt get because while he think its an upgrade, compared to Assault B, his M4a1 is strong enough, thus Assault B gets it.
Ofcourse if Assault B wanted the M4a1 more he can trade the Bizon SD for it with Assault A.
Meow
Meow

Back to top Go down

Post by Drasqo Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 am

Since when has loot ever been a problem?
From day 1 it has been like whats mine is yours, whats yours is mine, whats ours is yours, and yours is ours.
Even at times we all died we just went to raid some and distributed, having everyone geared up within the hour with all kinds of guns.

I remember we raided stary sobor with like 10 people or so and we all just stuffed as much as we could carry in our backpacks, we ran a bit up the hill and everyone just threw out whatever loot they didnt use, people traded weapons or even called them out when they found it during the raid.
Whatever weapons, ammunition or loot remained at the floor after everyone took what they needed we just took the rest from the floor and stuffed in in the tents at camp.

Loot has never been a problem in my opinion, nor will it be a problem.
I personally got the mindset that I put my squad mates in front of myself, and I know almost everyone else in the clan has that same attitude.

And i dont think this will change much with the designated roles either, primary roles get their assigned weapons first, and the one with the weakest weapon will get the upgrade first, anything else is just spare for everyone to use.
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuprör Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:58 am

When it comes to the loot i 100% agree with Meow and Drasqo!

I have nothing to add to this!
Stuprör
Stuprör

Back to top Go down

Post by Pickals Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:03 pm

I volunteer to be the medic but not if only thing that is priority for me is a pistol. I think medic priority other than medical supplies is a silient gun. If someone is wounded I should be able to get to the person ASAP. Only way I belive I can do that efficiently is being able to take zeds out on the way without worry. Im not gonna be able to bandage a kid if I got zombies on my ass.

Pickals

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuprör Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:54 pm

An assoult rifle is atleast a priority for the medic, and when shit goes downhill you will bring a assoult guy with you to cover your ass!

But i think Silenced weps for the medic sounds like a good idea!
Stuprör
Stuprör

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Gone Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:06 pm

For your consideration here are some of my ideas for roles based on an ideal 5 man 3/2 team, with looting roles.

Weapon:=Primary weapon
Equip:=necessary equipment
Backpack:=backup weapon, gear
Loot:=loot priority

Foward Assault team [GSD]

Gunman
Weapon: best available mid range rifle
Equip: n/a
Backpack: long range rifle (optional) ammo
Loot: ammo
Duties: straight foward combatant

Survivalist
Weapon: mid range rifle
Equip: map, gps, compass, binoculars
Backpack: empty other then food/water needed for team
Loot: guns, equipment, food/drink
Duties: scout, navigator and loot mule
Note:This role would work best as squad leader/point. Backpack should be empty save a few food/drink items as to be able to carry as much as possible.

Doc
Weapon: mid range rifle pref scilenced
Equip: n/a
Backpack: med supplies
Loot: med supplies
Duties: medic, salvager
Notes: When traveling with a Doc every one needs 1 of each med supply equiped, without doc need 1 each equiped and 1 each in bag. Back pack should have plenty of empty slots incase you fail your duties and must salvage gear.

Cover Team [SS]

Sniper
Weapon: Best avail sniper rifle
Equip: map, compass, range finder
Backpack: mid range rifle, ammo
Loot: n/a (survivalist should bring excess loot to [SS])
Duties: Sniping, cover

Spotter
Weapon: Mid range rifle
Equip: map, rangfinder, compass
Backpack: longrange/sniper rifle ammo
Loot: see sniper
Duties: Calling targets/range, cover sniper with mid range, support sniper with long range.
Note: while the sniper will focus all attention downrange it will be the spotters job to keep 360 survalence.

In this set up you would have [GSD] move in while [SS] overlooks from cover. The Survivalist would be leader taking point and calling objectives, and medic would be the last man making sure everyone stays in formation.

Mr_Gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Gone Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:39 pm

One more suggestion for sniper tryouts. As I'm sure it will be the most popular role (I too want to snipe) I think we should test the skills of would be marksman.

Setup: Two snipers with the same gun and a ref on a hill and two judges downhill

Execution: The two judges will postion themselves on either side of a tree in the woods while the 2 snipers wait blind on the other side of the hill. One sniper will be called up to the hill and the timer will start. The sniper must then take position find the tree marked by the judges, find the range and fire at the base of the tree. Performance will be judged on timing and accuracy as the judges watch the base of the tree to determine how close to where the tree meets the ground the round hit.
The best 2 out of 3 moves up.

Sudden Death Round to determine designated Sniper: the top 2 snipers will go off to oppisite ends of the base camp and attempt to enage eachother, winner gets priority on sniper role, while the loser gets priority on spotter role (and a hike back to base camp)

Some other ideas: Primary Sniper roll and Secondary Sniper roll can be contested once per week. To take secondary you must beat the current secondary on the blind challange, to contest Primary you must be Secondary and challenge the Primary to a Death match, at which point the primary may concede or defend his position.

I beleive this will give everyone a fair shot at the position while ensuring the most competent/confident take it.

Mr_Gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Drasqo Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:36 pm

First off, thanks a ton for your input. I really enjoyed reading them.

While im all up for a little competitive action inside the clan, the flipside to it might be that to some it might diminish the enjoyment they get from it.

But as usual, we can't please everyone, so the majority will have to do.
Put up a vote and see what feedback you can get from the members on this 'sniper' challenge.
You have my vote.
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuprör Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Due to the high interest for the sniper role, i do not want it anymore!

I could just go for spotter/scout and maby step in as a sniper if needed.
Stuprör
Stuprör

Back to top Go down

Post by Only Prophet Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:10 am

I think "potential" snipers need to be examined for ability to choose a location for overview, and their ability to measure distance with mildots WITHOUT a rangefinder. Just as well, I believe a sniper should also be measured on his ability to move without being seen.

A sniper is an extremely vital role that takes an immense amount of skill. Everyone wants to be one because everyone wants to be that "one man army" they all imagine but the fact is that that's just not the case. A sniper should be support, and mainly support. He should be a shooter second. A good sniper is calling out locations, movement, and keeping an eye out for the safety of his own members ONLY taking a shot if it is absolutely necessary for him to do so.

Again, these are just my thoughts. It's an extremely desired role, which makes me nervous because I'd rather not see it go to people better selected as a scout or last man where they'd thrive rather than a sniper where they just assume their skillset lies.

Saying you enjoy going out on your own should not make it any more likely that you're going to be a sniper. You won't be going out on your own, you're just a distance from your squad. You're the long range support, and eyes and ears for your group. Communication needs to be a strongsuit, as well as an ability to describe locations and use vocabulary.

They need to know the mildots formula by heart, and know the difference between when it's bad to take and when it's good to take a shot.
Only Prophet
Only Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by luizsilveira Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 am

hmm, could I chip my 2c in?

Why having static roles? I think the idea of having smaller squads and specific roles is a must, but why should they be static?

My idea is more something like: 4 or 5 people get together and decide to run a looting expedition. Among them, they choose the most experienced to be the "leader" for that expedition (to "call the shots", sort to say) as having leadership is, imo, essential to get things organized. Then they decide the roles ad hoc.

So I could be the scout one day, last man/support the next, while some other day I'd be the sniper etc.

If I excel at being the sniper, or the scout, or whatever, I'll be called to snipe more often; if not, less often, as it's natural.

Of course this demands maturity and team spirit. I must know that, even if I have that super cool sniper rifle, I might have to "take one for the team", give my rifle to someone or leave it in a tent for a while, get an AK and go into CQB mode for a day. Well, that's part of what it is to be in a team, ain't it?

Plus, I myself would find a bit boring if the same people had the same roles all the time. It'd be fun if different people would do different stuff (including leading the squad) on different days.

Like said, those are only my ideas and my 2c.

luizsilveira

Back to top Go down

Post by Drasqo Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:29 am

Ofcourse you can put your 2 cents in, as you may have read it's only encouraged and welcomed.

As stated in the opening post there are already intentions of switching roles around.
Alot of this has been discussed in teamspeak aswell, and has been altered in many ways.
The initial post and vote was to just discuss the general idea of it.

For the sake that we are in the start-up phase with this and some roles require more experience with the game than others, I do intend on starting out with static roles and take it from there.

After all, the roles only play a minor part in squad based gameplay.
One of the first things to address is how to be part of a squad and how to communicate properly, then the practising of these skills and drills take place. As I said, we are in the start-up/beginning phase of this, so we're gonna have to start with the basics, in wich it does not really matter what role you have.

There will be a poll on the forums soon where you can already express wich role you favor, or atleast want to start out with.
All in due time, every man eventually ends up in the right place no doubt.
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down