Please Login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Select your preferred role in the squad.

+18
ruin
wmd_razor
Docbrad
hansen2012
UndeadAura
ComancheBrave
The Motivation
Dirty
Vox
Aelyras
Arsins
Only Prophet
Meow
Stuprör
milkdudz
Flow
luizsilveira
Drasqo
22 posters

Go down

Wich role in the squad do you prefer most?

Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_lcap7%Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_lcap18%Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 5 ]
Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_lcap25%Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 7 ]
Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_lcap25%Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 7 ]
Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_lcap18%Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 5 ]
Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_lcap7%Select your preferred role in the squad. I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 28

Select your preferred role in the squad. Empty Select your preferred role in the squad.

Post by Drasqo Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:50 am

Please vote for your desired role, including a reply with your forumname, ingame name and motivation as to why you think you are most suited for the role.

Keep in mind that the roles are subject to change, are not permanent per se and that the squad leader can assign a different role at any given time.
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

https://5thelement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Select your preferred role in the squad. Empty Re: Select your preferred role in the squad.

Post by luizsilveira Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:12 am

Ingame name = Robin Hood

I think I'd suit being a squad leader for a few reasons:

1) because I don't mind not getting into direct action. For me it's even more enjoyable to keep things in perspective and see my teem succeed than to do it myself;

2) because I'm quite objective and have good planning and organization skills.

3) because I'm aware that being proactive instead of reactive is key. Trying to be one step ahead of happenings on the field all the time, with basic planning like what to do on contact, an escape plan and route, etc.

4) because I have basic tactical knowledge (which I admit is basic). Find, fix and flank, suppressing, displacing, escape routes, etc. I wouldn't like to get into action without these.

5) because I absolutely suck at fast CQB, thus wouldn't make a good assault. I like sniping but since so many people like it as well I don't mind to let it go and do something else if that helps the team to succeed. I think I'd do good as a medic or last man as well, so I don't mind doing those at all should the circumstances require or when others are leading.

(edited for typo)

luizsilveira

Back to top Go down

Select your preferred role in the squad. Empty Re: Select your preferred role in the squad.

Post by Flow Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:44 am

Ingame name= Flow

I'd prefer being a sniper, but really any supporting role is fine with me.

Scout, Medic, Sniper, Assault any of those are fine.

Any role that the team doesn't have enough of, i will take.
Flow
Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by Drasqo Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:38 am

I see 3 votes and 2 replies, unknown person please reply with what role you have selected.
Drasqo
Drasqo
Admin

https://5thelement.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milkdudz Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:01 pm

i voted assault!

milkdudz

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuprör Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:12 pm

I really did enjoy playing as a squad leader last night!

I was kinda tierd and did not do as good as i could have done it!
Also made me me misspronounce stuff and so on... Razz sry

But im torn! i enjoy moving silently in the bushes watching over you guys and the surroundings to make sure you are safe!

I also enjoyd my role last night!

So i will not vote and let you guys decide were i fit!

EDIT: I also think we should have an objective for the traning missions rather then finding somewere to go and something to do on the way to werever you are going Razz
Stuprör
Stuprör

Back to top Go down

Post by Meow Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:38 am

Do you mean when we're moving or attacking? I liked being scout when moving and a sniper when attacking.
Meow
Meow

Back to top Go down

Post by Only Prophet Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:46 am

I picked scout though I'm open to being a sniper. I'm accurate with all weaponry, but I excel at long and medium range. I'm also good at positioning myself to overlook a town and watch vital escape/entry points.

I have good communication and can describe with great detail where any points of interest are from enemy players to vehicles. I'm also pretty good at not dying, which is always important but seems more vital for a sniper who has some of the more valuable gear.

As for the scout role, I can move quickly without being seen and know what to look for and where to look for it. I'm willing to take risks without endangering the team or their location, and I can perform pretty well with a minimal amount of gear.
Only Prophet
Only Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsins Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:58 pm

I would prefer to be assault, but i will fill any role needed by the squad leader!
Arsins
Arsins

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelyras Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Picked medic although I am happy to pickup a different role if needed
Aelyras
Aelyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Vox Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:10 am

I prefer to snipe/scout. I like to keep watch over the group.

Vox

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:33 am

I voted last man as I've got good awareness and excel at carrying out orders, therefore I naturally gravitate to this position. At some point down the road when I get a feel for the personalities of each unit I might like to attempt an assault role.
Dirty
Dirty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Motivation Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Ideally, I'd like to get a hold of a silenced M4 and be a spotter for a sniper, but assaulter would work too.
The Motivation
The Motivation

Back to top Go down

Post by ComancheBrave Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:12 pm

I think I would probably fit the role of scout the best:

1) I know the lay of the land fairly well (been spending a lot of hours practicing in the Editor flying the Helicopter, got approx. 20 hours worth of flight practice, so I've seen the land both overhead, on foot, and in vehicle)
2) Can navigate in the dark, with or without an in game map or compass. (although I do have these)
3) I know town names and have a quick reference to vehicle spawns, supermarkets etc.
4) Good at moving and not being seen. Able to find decent vantage points without revealing location. Good at moving between cover.
5) Good with mid-range combat, assault rifles and the M14 (being my favorite),fair with CQC, and still learning the sniping game.

ComancheBrave

Back to top Go down

Post by UndeadAura Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:28 pm

I voted for sniper.

I prefer to take out targets from a distance.

I have become better with this game in that I can snipe about 200 yards with a kobra sight on an assault rifle.

ACOG ~500yards - pretty much equal to a sniper rifle in accuracy.
UndeadAura
UndeadAura

Back to top Go down

Post by hansen2012 Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:32 pm

I picked assault, however, I would live to grab a silenced MP5 or M4A1 and do a little recon or just be in a stealth group infiltrating and stealing. Assault or any other role will be beautiful.

hansen2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Docbrad Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:10 pm

I voted medic. I am not the most skilled, but LOVE being in support roles and behind the scenes, making everything work. I also thrive on the truancy of situations. I know the medic slots seem full, but I answered the question. What is "preferred"
Docbrad
Docbrad

Back to top Go down

Post by wmd_razor Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:07 pm

I will fill any role as needed by the team. I like the idea of having experience in all roles. That way if people go down I can fill the voids.

wmd_razor

Back to top Go down

Post by ruin Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:07 am

sniper due to personal lack of play, further back i listen more and i feel as if i do better at sniper range than i do with any other gun.

when i first started dayZ the only gun i could actually live beyond 3 hours with was the enfield and since then all ive done is run for the enfield then look for a sniper, not the greatest sniper but im good enough and im continueing to get better. just need to learn to gauge distance better.

ruin

Back to top Go down

Post by 438729292343 Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 am

[post removed]

Last edited by 438729292343 on Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : .)

Back to top Go down

Post by Teraustralis Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:12 am

sorry to reply so late, I dont really have a preference . I will fill what ever position is needed at the time Smile

Teraustralis

Back to top Go down

Select your preferred role in the squad. Empty Marcus/iFooZy prefeered role

Post by iFooZy Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:48 am

Ingame name: [5th] iFooZy
Prefeered role: Assault/Sniper
Why? I have basic knowledge about both, and do have a bunch of knowledge about moving as a sniper.
I also would have nothing against playing any other role other than scout, since i tend to have more with me then i just need ;-)

Other than the role info:
I tend to hang around TS, but im currently on vacation.
I am very friendly, so ask me ANYTHING!
My name is Marcus, and I live in Denmark.
Im 16, and love being a lazy teenager!

See you in Chernarus!
iFooZy
iFooZy

Back to top Go down

Post by Haruto Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:57 am

In game name: [5thT] haruto
Preffered role: Medic

I voted for Medic, allows you to do whatever is needed while being ready to patch someone up if resistance is found.

Though I really don't have a bias for or against any role.
Haruto
Haruto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down